NWF Action Fund Announces 3 Endorsements
The NWF Action Fund endorses Kratovil, Heinrich and Perriello for re-election. All three support clean energy and conservation policies.
The National Wildlife Federation Action Fund today endorsed Congressman Martin Heinrich (NM-1), Congressman Frank Kratovil (MD-1), and Congressman Tom Perriello (VA-5) for reelection. All three are strong supporters of clean energy solutions, climate action, and protection of public lands – three critical issues for this election.
Rep. Heinrich considers global warming the most critical environmental issue we face and supports efforts to curb climate pollution, increase renewable energy production and lessen the harmful impact of climate change on wildlife.
Rep. Heinrich also:
- Supports the Clean Water Restoration Act that would extend protections to New Mexico’s arroyos, streams, and playa lakes in addition to the rivers it already protects;
- Opposes drilling for oil in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, and co-sponsored the Udall-Eisenhower Arctic Wilderness Act that would permanently protect the coastal plain of the Arctic Refuge.
- As the former director of an outdoor education program, he knows the importance of reconnecting our children with nature and supports the No Child Left Inside Act.
Rep. Kratovil considers confronting climate change one of his top priorities. Additionally, Rep. Kratovil:
- Voted to set aside hundreds of millions of dollars per year for domestic wildlife and natural resource adaptation efforts, and is committed to restoring the Clean Water Act for the protection of Maryland’s waters and the preservation of the fish and wildlife dependent on these ecosystems;
- Strongly supports the Endangered Species Act and opposes drilling for oil in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge;
- Cosponsors the No Child Left Inside Act, which seeks to reconnect our children with nature.
Rep. Perriello has repeatedly demonstrated his commitment to conservation issues critical to hunters and anglers:
- As a member of the Water Resources Subcommittee, Rep. Perriello is committed to improving the Clean Water Act for the protection of Virginia’s waters and the preservation of the fish and wildlife dependent on these ecosystems.
- Rep. Perriello considers confronting climate change and securing our energy economy a top priority, voting for the American Clean Energy & Security Act in 2009.
- Rep. Perriello opposes drilling for oil in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge and is committed to maintaining strong protections of the Endangered Species Act.
- He is also a supporter of the No Child Left Inside Act, which seeks to reconnect our children with nature.