Urge President Obama to Protect the Arctic Refuge for Good!
December 6th, 2010 marks the 50th anniversary of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge -- a national treasure that polar bears, arctic foxes, migratory birds and other wildlife depend on for survival. As we approach the Refuge's 50th anniversary, we should work to ensure that this last great wilderness is permanently protected for wildlife and future generations.
Call President Obama to proclaim our message: Let's finally protect the Arctic Refuge for good!
1. Make a call to President (D) Barack Obama's Office: (202) 456-1111.
2. When you reach the President's office, say, "My name is [YOUR NAME], and I'm calling from [CITY, STATE] to urge you to permanently protect the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge from oil and gas development".
Please use the following talking points to add a personalized message:
- The Arctic Refuge is a unique national treasure and is the calving grounds for the Porcupine Caribou Herd, a home or resting spot for more than 135 bird species, and one of the most important onshore denning habitats for our struggling polar bears.
- As we approach the 50th anniversary of the Arctic Refuge, I hope that you will protect this fragile and spectacular area for future generations.
3. After you make the call, please let us know: